To make a long story short, late last week we had an electrical fire on board Prairie Dog. Ron’s been living aboard the boat (on the hard, in the boatyard) for nearly a month, preparing our trawler for the winter season. Repairs have begun; we are hopeful that we’ll be able to launch on schedule. The electrician says that the fire started at a bad electrical connection that was original to the boat. We are feeling fortunate; it could have been so much worse. In the meantime, power is shut off to the boat. Hence, the electrical extension cord.