Sunday morning we woke early and got out of Otter Head. The forecast was for NW winds going W on Monday afternoon. We decided to make a 32 nm run to Michipicoten Island where we could easily do the 30-some nm (depending on the harbor we chose) in the next day’s forecast west winds to Gargantua, one of my favorite spots on the eastern shore. However, that evening, listening to the extended marine forecast for eastern Lake Superior, we began rethinking our plan. It’s not looking good for a return to more seasonable Lake Superior weather. Strong southerlies are now in the forecast.
Our final evening at Michipicoten Island, Quebec Harbour. I love it in the evenings when the wind goes calm, the water turns to glass, and the skies clear enough to let the setting sun through.